Mira’s Eyelashes is pleased to add HDi Embroidery Brow, or microblading, to our services.
HDi Embroidery Brow is a technique that uses sterile and disposable microblades (needle blades) to deposit pigment in the two upper layers of skin, allowing us to create beautiful, full brows that mimic natural brow hair. Using the HDi Embroidery Brow technique, we can create the perfect pigment shade and brow shape to conform to your skin colour, face shape, hair colour and, of course, with your preferences.
- Full, natural looking brows
- Custom brow shape to suit your face and preferences
- Results last 1-3 years
- NO eyebrow makeup required
- NO maintenance
Why Choose Eyelash Extensions?
- Why Choose HDi Embroidery Brow
- Organic and hypoallergenic
- No harsh chemicals
- No maintenance
- Sport and activity proof
- Perfect for individuals with hair loss due to skin conditions
- Doesn’t require a permanent commitment
What to expect
All first time appointments at Mira’s Eyelashes start with a consultation. However, we start HDi Embroidery Brow services by applying a numbing cream to your brows. This takes 30-45 minutes to kick in, so it gives us some time to chat about your brows before we get started. During the consultation, we’ll discuss and choose the right shade for you, which will be made up of 2, 3, or even 4 pigments. We’ll also discuss the shape and fullness you’re trying to achieve with your HDi Embroidery Brow treatment. To help me understand what you’re used to and prefer, please tweeze your eyebrows 2-3 days before your appointment and if you usually wear brow makeup, please come to your appointment with it on. Again, this will help me to see the effect you’re looking for.
Once we have the right shade of pigment and I have a thorough understanding of what you’re trying to achieve for your brows, we’ll get started with the procedure by gently cleansing your brow area. Next, I’ll start to gently deposit pigment into the two upper layers of the skin of your brows using a thin blade, called a microblade. I’ll use short strokes to deposit the pigment, mimicking natural hair growth. Your HDi Embroidery Brow will take approximately two hours to complete, but not to worry, you’ll be lying comfortably on one of our chaise lounges throughout the procedure.
Once your microbladed brows have healed, which takes 6-8 weeks, they will not only look natural but will also be able to withstand regular activities. However, while the area is healing, it’s important to maintain proper aftercare. Please follow these aftercare guidelines while your brows are healing:
- Apply coconut oil to the microbladed area in the morning, afternoon, and evening when needed. Make sure you only apply the coconut oil when your brows start to feel dry or tight within the first 7 days of your application. Do not over use the coconut oil. Brows should be rinsed with lukewarm water before applying coconut oil with a clean cotton swab.
- You may experience swelling that can be managed with soft gel ice packs. Place chilled gel ice packs (in refrigerator only) in a plastic bag before applying to protect the microbladed area from any moisture. The following day your brows may appear darker or show some redness, this is normal as the brows enter the natural healing process the colour will fade throughout the next 7 days.
- DO NOT PICK FLAKING OR SCABBING. As the skin starts the natural healing process you may experience some flaking and/or scabbing. Picking or peeling any flakes or scabs can cause loss of implanted pigment and scarring.
- Refrain from touching the microbladed area except for when applying coconut oil or grapeseed oil.
- Some pigment may rub off, so please take precautions to protect good linens and towels.
- Avoid activities such as swimming, using Jacuzzis or hot tubs, tanning, excess sweating, facials and saunas should also be avoided for a period of at least 10 days or until the microbladed area is fully healed.
- Don’t use soaps or creams. Skin creams and products containing Retin-A, AHA or any kind of skin peel must not be used directly on the microbladed area as they will fade and possibly distort your microbladed brows. Sun block should always be applied to the healed microbladed area (SPF 60 recommended). When washing your face refrain from using soaps and creams on the microbladed areas.
- When showering or bathing apply a layer of coconut oil and avoid putting your face directly in the showerhead stream.
HDi Embroidery Brow, or microblading, is a technique that uses sterile, disposable microblades to deposit pigment into the upper two layers of skin, drawing strokes to mimic natural eyebrow hair. The procedure is tailored to each client, creating a unique pigment and brow shape according to their preferences. The goal with HDi Embroidery is to enhance your natural brows in a way that complements your skin colour, the shape of your face, and your natural hair colour.
Yes. We use sterile, single-use tools for each HDi Embroidery Brow client. We open these tools in front of the client so they can rest assured that they are perfectly sterile. Following the procedure, these tools are disposed of in a sharps container. Non-disposable surfaces and tools are sterilized using medical grade sanitizer between procedures. All technicians performing HDi Embroidery Brow procedures have also successfully completed a course on Blood Borne Pathogens.
Please ensure that the eyebrow area is healthy, strong, non-sensitive, and non-irritated. Here’s how to prepare your skin for the procedure:
- Do not tan for 2 weeks prior to the service and ensure that your face is not sunburnt
- Avoid getting a facial for 2 weeks prior to the procedure
- Do not have Botox 3 weeks prior to the procedure
- Do not take fish oil or vitamin E one week prior to the procedure as they are natural blood thinners
- Do not wax or tint your eyebrows 3 days prior to the procedure
In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor colour deposit:
- Do not drink alcohol 24-48 hours before your procedure
- Do not consume coffee before your procedure
- Do not take Aspirin or Ibuprofen for pain relief as they are blood thinners
In preparation for your appointment, please shape your brows by tweezing them 4-5 days before your appointment. This will allow your technician to see the shape you’re used to while ensuring that there is no skin irritation from recent hair removal. If you wear brow makeup, please come to your appointment with it on. Again, this gives us an idea of the shape you like.
Thanks to the application of a numbing cream, you shouldn’t experience any pain during your HDi Embroidery Brow procedure. That being said, everyone has a different pain threshold and you may experience some discomfort during the procedure. If this is the case, we’ll do our best to minimize your discomfort by applying an additional fast-acting numbing gel to the area being worked on.
Depending on the complexity of the shape you’ve chosen and how different it is from your natural brows, the procedure generally takes about 2 to 3 hours. In more complicated cases, it can take up to 5 hours. Please give yourself plenty of time for your procedure so we can do our best work. After all, you’ll have these brows for quite some time and we want you to love them!
Yes, of course! The reality is, our faces aren’t perfectly symmetrical. With HDi Embroidery Brow, we have the opportunity to correct this, making your brows as close to symmetrical in shape, width, and length as possible.
Your touch-up appointment should be done 4-6 weeks after your initial application, this allows us to reshape or augment any areas that need it. A touch-up appointment is necessary to complete the HDi Embroidery Brow procedure. Keep in mind, your HDi Embroidery Brow is custom built and may require several touch-ups to ensure the skin retains the pigment and you achieve your desired look.
Your HDi Embroidery Brows will look their best 6-8 weeks after your procedure. Immediately after the procedure, they will appear very sharp and dark but will soften and fade considerably during the healing process. Scabbing and peeling are also normal about a week following your procedure but will resolve within a week or two.
How long your HDi Embroidery Brows last depends on your individual skin type and on aftercare. Our skin regenerates daily, producing new cells and shedding dead ones. Since the pigment used during the HDi Embroidery Brow procedure is deposited in the top two layers of skin, as your skin regenerates it will shed some of that pigment over time. Age plays an important role in this process, as younger skin regenerates and sheds pigment more quickly. As such, clients with younger skin can expect their brows to last 1-2 years, while more mature clients can expect their brows to look great for up to 3 years.
Of course, proper aftercare also plays a role and we recommend that you follow our aftercare instructions carefully to ensure your brows look their best for as long as possible.